- Why: March Madness is fun...apps are fun..learning is fun..
- What: A way to share ideas about free iPad apps for teaching & learning through video.
- Who: Educators & students who love to use apps for teaching & learning (Andy Losik and myself are organizing).
- When: Now
- How to join in: Submit your picks!
- Free (tons of great paid stuff out there..but maybe this will be the next project?)
- Great for teaching and learning (we both come from an Elementary background, and our commentary will likely reflect that...but all learning is welcome!)
Really pumped about App Madness like we are*? How about joining in the video fun with some Court-side Coverage or Studio Breakdowns! Maybe your students want to get in on the action...? Just let us know which app showdown you want to cover and what clips you want to put together.
Why part II: There are a TON of app lists going around, but not many really break down which apps deserve the MOST attention and WHY (in a fun video sorta way). This will hopefully be a stage to hash that out on. Beyond that, it's really just an excuse to make my preparation for iPad trainings and MACUL more fun and collaborative.
*Please know that both Andy and Brad are well aware that it's not really just "all about the apps". In our work we try to make learning interesting, engaging and fun. We want students to take ownership, become lifelong learners and contribute in meaningful ways. Apps 'as tools' help us to do that. This is just a light hearted way to have a conversation about them..not the be-all-end-all of best practice in the classroom.